Likes and dislikes.

Post by JustBe »

Just a few comments.

Lots more landscape detail.
Photo / vid system.
No stutters as of yet.

Dislikes:
No fast travel via map.
Lots of cars seem to have major over-steer - Using pc keyboard.
Boats difficult to race using pc keyboard - 2 keys to go fast + nitro key + steering keys.
Aircraft not a lot better.
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Re: Likes and dislikes.

Post by LCDDOG »

No dislikes yet, did you notice the exit method is the same
as before? Hit B and follow menu then press and hold till it explodes...
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

LCDDOG wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:19 am No dislikes yet, did you notice the exit method is the same
as before? Hit B and follow menu then press and hold till it explodes...
It's the Backspace key that brings up that little menu.
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

JustBe wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:09 pm It's the Backspace key that brings up that little menu.
:shock:

Backspace is a dead key for me lol
only 6 of interest are 1,2,3,U,M,B :whistle:
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

i did get it that twice (so far) it hanged and only rebooting the comp
or login of my win account worked to exit it, always when im on the map too
:angry-banghead:
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

positiv:

- enhanced graphics compared to TC1 (i'm missing a little bit the uniqueness of some citys, but the graphic runs definitely smoother and better here, less (or better said no) microstutters and graining)
- interesting new cars (Porsche, Audi, WRC-cars)
- (way) better carsounds
- better tuning (i'm only still missing some new goodlooking rims)
- stickershop (It is quite usable although i like the ones in FH3 and NFS more, here i still miss some options)
- houses (brings back at least a little bit of TDU-feeling)
- NO (active) cops (thank god or better said Audi they also wont come in the future :text-bravo: )

(Unfortunately thats all nothing substancial to work with.)

neutral:

- Handling (i'm not 100% convinced of the wheelhandling since the FFB lacks a lot and the stearing is pretty indirect, but for pad- and keyboardusers the handling definitely got improved)
- boats and planes (i care less about it. it's just there and i don't get forced to use it unless i want to finish the story 100%)

negativ:
- missing odometer (the dev who decided that deserves a punsh in the nuts by a gibbon :teasing-knob: - luckily it will implimented later that year)
- missing teleport everywhere (they decided to do that to force the players to explore more - but i think they are dead wrong on that, it just kills a little bit openworld-feeling)
- non working rearmirrors (allegedly it would eat 20-30% performance - i still wonder how they did that in TDU back 12 years ago :handgestures-thumbdown: )
- bad until non-working headlights (allegedly it eats also too much performance, bizarrely the helicopter has a working spotlight :angry-cussingargument: )
- too tiny roads (who ever did a cruise on a crowded highway knows what i mean)
- missing reasons to explore the map (no wrecks, no landmarks, no eastereggs, no achievements)
- small amount of events (e. g. i hope get back some faction-mission-like races)
- no infos about PvP yet (infos about that shell come next week and they are better from substance, otherwise the game gets infected with the "Payback"-virus and dies fastly after release by playerdepletion)
- the weird white map (next bitchslap for the responsible dev - you have no indications or referencepoints anymore)
- missing possibility to earn money while cruising (f!$& the followers, i want the stuntmoney back)

That's all that spontaniously comes to mind. :P
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Totally agree:

Missing odometer.
Tiny roads, very narrow in some places.
White map, horrible.
Non-working headlights, they work fine in Euro Truck both in dip and full beam with no difference in performance.

Others:

Not keen on the fog.
Sticker shop, it may just be me not getting it right, but could not get to put stickers on back of car and top. Place it on the back, then find that back sticker gone if places one on the roof.

Rainbows clever.
MCO_Sleeper
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Post by MCO_Sleeper »

"- missing reasons to explore the map (no wrecks, no landmarks, no eastereggs, no achievements)
- small amount of events (e. g. i hope get back some faction-mission-like races)"

crap thats huge part of what i liked about tc1 when i was driving alone, which is quite a bit, with my odd work schedule. how many runs did we do mp on those faction races, that was probably my favorite racing. i thought it was fun finding the wrecks, and always wished they would add more cars to find in that manner rather than just give them to us, like maybe some old ww2 era style bikes or cars, heck even planes or imagine a uss minnow or the pt-73 or the Orca or something just for goofin around lol

i didn't mind the cops so much, get bored and do some chases.
There are two kinds of pedestrians, the quick...and the dead.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

This useless partsgrinding is so damn annoying. Why you all still mess around with it, i don't get it.

I just did around dozen runs on The Sleeper and 5 or 6 runs on The Accident. How many parts i got during those races you can imagine. It must have been around 40 parts at least. Only 3 of them were useful for my car, that means they had better or more useful perks. Not one of the parts was 280 pink. Around 80% of the parts were not even 280-parts.

This is only timewasting not one bit rewarding. Another point why i just don't get into the feeling to play the game more often and why i'll wait until they fix and/or enhance this and lot of other things.
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

I do street races to get followers. At the moment I get 3375 for the first street race with my follower collecting vehicle.:D Which takes about 2 min to do.

So I do 5 levels in a row. Before I look at the parts I get. Means I have to do the race 18 times. Lets say, 40 min of grinding.

The Parts are not that great. But in a bunch of 40, there are some useful.