Hobbies !

JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Hobbies !

Post by JustBe »

The new hobbies feature is a real pain, for people who are new to the game then they can get points as they go along, but for all players that have done most things then we have to start repeating everything we have already done :angry-banghead:

I've also noticed that since the beta car update that lots of my friends have stopped playing.

Edit Donnie:
Here is a googledoc Miku put together with all the hobbies and how you arguably can do them best: Hobbies Guide
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Re: Hobbies !

Post by Don »

Exactly the reason why i don't do anything there on purpose. I just did some stuff yesterday afternoon together with Luny and MadMan, because is was bored.

The Hobbies are nothing more than a joke:

- drive 250km with spec "X" and listen to radiochannel "Y". (turning the radio off is the first thing i do when i start playing racinggames.)
- lose (!) a PvE-event
- get 4th in 30 PvP-events (so basicly winning is a no-go, losing is the new thing going)
- drive 100km (uninterrupted) without collision in one (!) event - "funfact": you can do that only on NY HC and you should not even hit spawning animals - luckily Miku discovered an option to do this easily, by driving careful to the Long Island Speeddrome, which is near, and spin circles there until you reach the 100km mark. I really wanna know how the devs did that while testing. Probably on a dev-version with turning off traffic, trees, barriers and all that stuff that is standing and laying around. (So with an even more crippled version of the game than TheRoot69 plays with.)
- collect vanitys, which are - of course - only available for CC :whistle:

And that are just some examples. The hole racer-category is hilarious for players like us who already play the game for 2 years and now have to repeat everything.
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Don wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:01 pm drive 100km (uninterrupted) without collision in one (!) event - "funfact"
I cannot find this, which section, racer, explorer or collector :angry-banghead:
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

It's under racer

JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Okay, found it under Racer.

It must be accumulative as mine says 11.1 Miles of 31 Miles, part 1 of 4.

So not done in one go.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

nope it does not accumulate. I thought that also because i had 10,x km after a certain race and then tested if you can do the racetrack-circling also on the Jersey Chaebung Cup (which doesn't work btw) and i had 27,9 km.

After that i tried the way from Akors video and drove over 20 minutes on the Long Island Speeddrome. In the middle i scratched the wall on purpose to see how the counter stands afterwards. It was on 49,8 km and i drove for sure about 100 km during that 20 minutes. Racemasterdave even scratched the wall at 99,1 km, tried to do 900 meters afterwards and it didn't work.
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Don wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:12 pm Nope it does not accumulate.
You're correct, seems that you have to drive a complete section at a time, although I cannot confirm that as I did the New York HC on normal level and drove very carefully and completed it without incident apart from 4 very close calls from animals - about 35.5 minutes - :dance:
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

I had no motivation to drive the race normally, because it's too unpredictable. I did it the "Miku"-way you see in the video.

Another thing, where the description is misleading for my taste:

Misleading, because on the "win a AGP-race on hardmode without contact"-task you can hit walls and stuff.

Edit: I put Miku's guide for the hobbies in Be's startingpost.