News about closed & open Beta

Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Re: News about closed & open Beta

Post by Don »

Reaction after reading Weena's post: :banana-dance: (I'm going to play the open beta although i don't need to) :auto-sportbike:

Reaction after reading Luny's post: :angry-banghead: :angry-argument: :angry-cussingargument: :crying-green: :violence-rapidfire: :violence-minigun: :violence-uzi:

hide:show
:text-lol:

At the moment i don't see a reason to play the beta, since i can play the full game only a day after it shuts down anyway.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

The Crew 2 Open Beta Guide

Post by Don »

source: official The Crew 2 Ubisoft Forum
One week after the end of the Closed Beta and one year following our official reveal at E3, we had the opportunity to come back on stage to celebrate the upcoming release of The Crew 2 with all you motorsport enthusiasts!

This time, our Brand Director Delphine Dosset had the great pleasure of unveiling the latest The Crew 2 trailer, as well yet another surprise for all those who have been supporting us and are eagerly waiting to take the wheel:
The Crew 2 – Open Beta will be available from June 21st to June 25th on Uplay PC, Steam, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One, preload now!

On behalf of the whole development team, we would like to thank all participants for their passion and great feedback during our previous test phases!
1. Key information
Access: accessible to all players!
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, Uplay & Steam
Times:
Start: Thursday, June 21st from 1am PST
End: Monday, June 25th at 1am PST
Preload: right now, from June 11th
Official livestream: June 20th from 4pm UTC / 6pm CEST / 12pm EDT
2. Participants & friend invites
The Crew 2 - Open Beta is accessible for free to all players on Xbox-One, PS4 and PC (in eligible countries). Please note that a Ubisoft account is required to be able to play the game.

You don’t need any keys to join the Open Beta, simply go to your platform store, download and play!
Xbox One: Go to the Games menu and search for The Crew 2 Open Beta.
PS4: Go to the Playstation Store and search for The Crew 2 Open Beta.
Uplay PC: Start Uplay PC launcher, The Crew 2 Open Beta will be available in your Free Games list.
Steam: Launch Steam, search for the The Crew 2 Open Beta product page and click on “Play now” to download the Open Beta to your library.
3. Livestream rendezvous
This time again, we will have the great pleasure of hosting a dedicated Beta stream, live from Ubisoft Ivory Tower. Tune-in on June 20th from 4pm UTC / 6pm CEST / 12pm EDT on h t t p s ://www.twitch.tv/thecrewgame to participate to this event with the devteam!
4. Content overview

a) 8 disciplines to master
Whether you already played the Closed Beta or not, don’t worry, we got you covered and kept some surprises for all players!

During this Open Beta, you will have total freedom in terms of activities with the unlock of new fame level cap: “Popular”. Be prepared to discover the first few hours of the game with 8 unique disciplines:
Street Race
Powerboat
Rally Raid
Aerobatics

And newly available for Open Beta:
Touring Car
Drift
Motocross
Jetsprint

b) The entire US to explore
This time again, you will be able to go wherever you want, the full feedrive experience is available in this Open Beta! With no loading times or barriers, get ready to explore the whole USA with your friends.

Don’t forget to use the Fast-Fav feature: switch between land, air and water vehicles in an instant to create amazing moments on all your favourite landmarks!
c) Line-up & vehicle customization
Motorsports are not only about challenge but also about passion and vehicles. Whether you are a bike, supercar, boat, plane or any other vehicle enthusiast, we’ve got you covered in this Open Beta with the availability of the full The Crew 2 line-up to unlock and free drive!

Take your pick, Petrolheads!
d) Sharing features
We have been blazed away by the quality of the screenshots we received during the Closed Beta, below only is a small pick from the devteam (out of a massive folder we are now building thanks to you all!):
There are no restrictions for this Open Beta, you can create and share everything you want and unleash your creativity! All the picture & video editing tools are available, we can’t wait to see what you will come up with!
e) Exclusive Open Beta reward
All participants in the The Crew 2 – Open Beta will be entitled to a special reward for the final game. Unlock an exclusive Gold Helmet to customize your character with Ubisoft Club, directly available in your game inventory from June 29th!
Learn more on https://club.ubisoft.com/

5. PC Requirements
Check out our dedicated PC version article to know more about official recommended specs to play this Beta in the best conditions!

Get ready petrolheads, the Open Beta and the official of The Crew 2 are just ahead! Preload right now and make your engine roar!
See you on the road!
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

some more news about the beta.

What you have to do to participate:

- play the beta
- get the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor EVO 2 (offroad-family)
- record a stunt with the LIVE feature
- upload it on youtube and submit it here
Lunytrickz
High Octane Hero
High Octane Hero

Post by Lunytrickz »

i've bought & tested every old muscle car
but Only 2 have good enough handling for races
the '71 Camaro Z28 (the Only car alowed for the PAPA JOHN race as loaner or self bought/tuned)
and the C2 Corvette

more & pics here:
http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 820#p53820
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

1st car i buy is the z28 fo'sho
2nd will be the porsche 911 rs
i also found the shelby gt500 very good (not the old 1 tho but the new 1)
several others drove nicely too (even if i didnt try out that many) but they all
handle differently and the same goes for boats.
2 more day's before we go do it for keeps :whistle:

Got to say tho, im not a fan of the changes they made to getting loot after a
race since it now gives out a huge amount of lower parts and even green lower parts
when you race on hard. It's gonna take forever to fully tune a car like this, been at it 2
days and my best car still isnt near fully tuned
Lunytrickz
High Octane Hero
High Octane Hero

Post by Lunytrickz »

make sure its the '71 Z28 not the '69 ^^
Big diff in handling & sound

about that PRO Tunign where U can finetune suspencion and wheel camber etc
its only per Class NOT unique for each vehicle !!!
so ya CAN'T set-up 1 streetspec car for cruizing/drift while another one for precision racing !!!
so help me bump this post with a replay (not all right now but evryone at a different time so it stay's on top ^^)

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1 ... g-settings
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

During the last livestream on wednesday they sad the pro-tuning will be for every car seperately. Everything else would make no sense at all.

I didn't test it so far, since i did not even start the open beta yet. (I will only go a little bit online tonight when Knuspi is streaming. He asked me and Luna to join him.)

We will see from tuesday on how it will be in the final product.
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

guess what you can also play on the 28-09-2018?
thats right.. Forza Horizon 4 :whistle:
It's available in the microsoft store right now :P
That's not good :naughty:
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

Just drove a little bit with Knuspi and i have to say that the FFB felt even worse to me than in the closed beta and the last TTS. If this is not fixed in the final version i will instantly stop playing.

While driving the Audi TT it got worse again from race to race and after i bought the Z28 i had no FFB at all anymore. If i would have turned off the centerspring i would have probably had no force at all. :?
Lunytrickz
High Octane Hero
High Octane Hero

Post by Lunytrickz »

forza is MicroSoft and i'll never support those "know it beter then evrybody" AH's :doh:

that PRO Tuning stuff semms sorted ^^
now i could use U're (replay bump) help with this post :angelic-green:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1 ... st13554696