New Test Drive Unlimited game by Kylotonn

Weena
Waitress
Waitress

New Test Drive Unlimited game by Kylotonn

Post by Weena »

We’ve known for almost two years (!) now that BigBen Interactive has the rights to use and develop future Test Drive titles from Atari including the Test Drive Unlimited brand.

Today we learned that Bigben now owns the entire share capital of the Kylotonn SAS studio, known as KT Racing. Bigben also included “Test Drive Unlimited” in the list of brands they are working with in today’s press release. This all points to a future Test Drive Unlimited game developed by Kylotonn (after some strong rumours).

The very last Test Drive Unlimited game, Test Drive Unlimited 2, released way back in early 2011 (developed by Eden Games) and introduced a host of new social elements to the series. In Test Drive Unlimited, players can explore a huge map (or two in the case of the sequel) discovering new missions, events, houses, and car showrooms along the way, really putting the emphasis on rewarding exploration which was bolstered by a level rank system.

It now seems just a matter of time before a new Test Drive Unlimited game is officially announced (with a very high chance that Kylotonn is developing it) which is very exciting news. Let us know in the comments if you’re as excited for a new “TDU” game as we are.

Source
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Re: New Test Drive Unlimited game by Kylotonn

Post by Don »

:pray: :pray: :pray:
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

Let's hope they don't mess it up like eden did with tdu2 :drool:
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

Here Some Games they make :)

Also WRC5 and Truck Racer
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

yeah i have tt, wrc5 and 6, they do have good potential
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

I really miss TDU1 and 2, especially the sticker shop, and being able to get out of your car.

Hope they do release a new version asap :dance:
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

The stickershop itself was not that good. Those in Forza and NFS (and arguably in TC2) are better. I just miss the option to use texmod now. :D

(I don't wanna test if it works, because it can cause a ban if it gets detected by BattlEye.)
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Don wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:37 pm I just miss the option to use texmod now. :D

(I don't wanna test if it works, because it can cause a ban if it gets detected by BattlEye.)
Yep, I loved texmod.
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Luna
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Luna »

As much as I wish to have another Test Drive Unlimited installment, to be realistic the chances are quite bad. All we have is rumors.

Let's take a quick look on the facts:
Bigben purchased the rights to the brand "Test Drive Unlimited" and they own KT Racing.
That's all.

Everything beyond this is just making speculations as long as Bigben doesn't confirm it. And until now they never said they will make another racing game in the TDU universe. As long as they own the complete rights to the brand they can do what they want with it. They can make a Shooter or a Tetris clone or even an Android farming game and call it Test Drive Unlimited.

As said, I'm not against a new TDU, but I definitely don't feel hyped until there are some official confirmations from Bigben. Until then I'm looking forward to the (hopefully soon - real soon, not the Atari soon ;) ) release of Test Drive Unlimited Platinum. Last info I know about it is that Milli is hitting the home stretch. She's posting updates every week about the progress of the final settings for the (more than 800) rides, so release can't be far away :D
See you on the road ... and the sea ... and in the air ;) :lol:
The Crew 2 - 06/29/2018

Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Ralph68 »

Myself can not wait for TDU3 and from the looks of things it will be epic!
Here's the trailer from, I think their latest title, looks pretty good to me. =)