Youtube (weird) thumbnailproblem

Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Youtube (weird) thumbnailproblem

Post by Don »

Hey all,

since i'm streaming on nearly daily bases i have a pretty weird problem on youtube with the thumbnails of my video. I try to explain it:

A couple of hours of a day it shows the custom thumbnails i uploaded to each video. Later then the videos from the last 8-10 days show the thumbnail youtube originally generated for the video. It changes from time to time, it's not limited to one browser at my home-pc (i checked Firefox and Chrome). Deleting cookies doesn't help.

Another weird facet of this problem is, that it only occurs on the videos longer than 10 minutes.

It looks like i only have this problem at home and not at work. Today i checked youtube here from time to time and it is always showing the custom thumbnails.

Did anyone of you noticed that problem on my or any other channel? Could it be a Windows 10 problem? Since i have the issue on Firefox and Chrome i assume it's not a browserrelated problem. Here at work i still have Windows 7.

Using Google as help is completely useless. I couldn't find anything similar.
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Re: Youtube (weird) thumbnailproblem

Post by Weena »

Have you tried to clear your browser cache ? 8-)

Here a link that emplanes how to do it.

https://www.refreshyourcache.com

You can also google "internet cache" or use same tools like CC Cleaner that can do this for you.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

I'm still not sure that this is a browserrelated thing. I downloaded Chrome as portable version on sunday just to test if it is the same, and it was right from the start. I guess Firefox and Chrome do not share the same browsercache. If they do it would be worth a test.

Weirdly since i posted the issue here, i see all the custom thumbs of my videos. I had that problem now for around 6 weeks. :roll: I will keep an eye on it.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

btw today i witnessed this issue again. (First time this week)

wrong

right
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

I had an eye on this issue during the last days and it really looks like there is some kind of "cycle". One part of the day it shows the right thumbnails and the other part of the day it shows the wrong. But as you see down below not on every video.
hide:show

11.11.2018 11:35 pm (wrong)

12.11.2018 5:45 pm (wrong)

12.11.2018 8:15 pm (right)

13.11.2018 5:25 am (wrong)

13.11.2018 2:55 pm (right)

13.11.2018 5.50 pm (wrong)