Windows 10 - v2004 (20H2) update

JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Windows 10 - v2004 (20H2) update

Post by JustBe »

So I updated from v1909 - 2004 (20H2) and all my desktop colour settings gone.

But the biggest nightmare was that their own game software would not work. All other works fine.

The new MS FlightSim 2020 that I have been using since last year would not launch at all saying that it did not exist. even clicking on the .exe file. After several days I still could not find how to solve it even on their Flight sim forum even though many others having same problem. I uninstalled the whole lot and reinstalled (4 hours from the DVDs) and it still came up with the same fault wtf. More searching, some one said that I needed the XBox Windows PC software to launch it from as the Store launcher cannot work for this game since the v2004 update on some pc's. I found the Xbox
for windows pc on MS site and instlled it, It said it needed an update to launch the game, I clicked the update button and it worked. That was all fine till it came to the games own software update, wow 92GB update download, it took 8 hours to download as it installs things as it goes along (153 files). Then I found that all my settings for the game had gone, even though I had copied the files in My Doc folder to put back after the new install.

MS you are the biggest load of b************ :violence-rocket:
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Re: Windows 10 - v2004 (20H2) update

Post by LCDDOG »

the xbox console app should be installed standard with everything else windows has, but they launched a new xbox app a while back that takes the chat options (amongst other things) away from the normal already functioning xbox console app.
this new app is just a hasle and adds nothing at all to the already excisting xbox console app at all.
games still get launched thru the normal xbox console app so why did they add this new xbox app is beyond me...

i feel you as far as MS beeing a mayor pain in the ars when it comes to beeing user friendly or even just work logically as it used to be with msdos.

you could give a linux version or 2 a try but once again you are more likely to run into problems more often then not.
not to mention that some versions are requiring you to do some programming coding to make them work, even something simple as using a dvd can be slightly difficult as you need to mount the dvd every time you shove 1 in the tray...