Show off your real live car and carmods

Talk about anything, as long its not offensive.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Re: Show off your real live car and carmods

Post by Don »

As we now have two indepentend examples this seems to be normal in this car. The one i drove a couple of times had such a long way that you needed to press the clutch only halfway for shifting.
MCO_Sleeper
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Post by MCO_Sleeper »

https://photos.app.goo.gl/851lDsOdJRU6v3Ig2

album pretty complete but man, so many of those i wish i had back.

i always like looks of the bigger bmw sedans, but ive never actually been in one.
There are two kinds of pedestrians, the quick...and the dead.
MCO_Sleeper
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Post by MCO_Sleeper »

Been a while, I spent the summer trying to get my 73 f100 4x4 at least drive-able in every spare minute and did not get near as far as i thought i would. My mom died last summer, then wife got seriously ill in September, so it got put on back burner. I don't have the muscle cars right now, but I do have a 19 ram that's fun to drive and a 08 sport trac adrenaline that's neat, if not a super powerhouse even though it has a v8.
Attachments
pre purchase 73 f100 4x4.jpg
pre purchase 73 f100 4x4.jpg (173.12 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
adrenaline front.jpg
adrenaline front.jpg (211.02 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
adrenaline back.jpg
adrenaline back.jpg (196.58 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
MCO_Sleeper
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Post by MCO_Sleeper »

mechanically i did a TON of work on the 73, every bushing, bearing, seals, etc new clutch, ps system, red head steering gear, tons of work as it went. been a while since i dont much, weather kinda turned not long after wife got diagnosed so it got sorta set to side for time being, warms up ill try to get the inside of cab disassembled and at least some kind of paint and interior installed.
Attachments
before underhood.jpg
before underhood.jpg (221.4 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
pre engine install paint in progress.jpg
pre engine install paint in progress.jpg (140.03 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
before front clip stripped.jpg
before front clip stripped.jpg (160.26 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
MCO_Sleeper
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Post by MCO_Sleeper »

kinda where i got to, i didnt get the rear of truck from cab back stripped or painted yet. i wanted to get the bed back off again and actually out of way somehow while i work on it and the frame, paint rear diff etc. i have hood on now and underneath painted to match engine compartment, upper side is just rough primered to keep it from surface rusting again. i also have new outer fenders i installed and then took back off to do some painting when it warms up again. oh and i have the radiator in and buttoned up as well, guess some of these pics are a little outdated
Attachments
engine in clip on right.jpg
engine in clip on right.jpg (243.43 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
engine in clip on left.jpg
engine in clip on left.jpg (201.38 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
engine in clip off.jpg
engine in clip off.jpg (177.21 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

Wow, that's amazing. Did you paint the engine bay yourself? It's hard to believe that's the same car. Great job! I love your truck. I would love to have a truck like that too, but unfortunately, you can't get something like that here in Spain, at least not American trucks. Also, I would be worried about people stealing my things from the back.

I hope your wife gets better soon.
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

I had to sell my Dodge Ram B250 unfortunately. Fuel prices had doubled last year and with the high fuel consumption, it just wasn't feasible to keep it as a daily driver anymore. :angry-banghead:
That was an import from California. A great van. Absolutely no rust, there wasn't even any undercoating applied.
MCO_Sleeper
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Post by MCO_Sleeper »

you know, lately i sorta wanted something like camper van that i could maybe take wife out on some overnights as she doesn't get out much now.

i stripped my truck down with wire wheel, sanding pads, etc to the bare metal (or original primer coat, if i couldn't get it off by now it probably wasn't coming off), then rattle canned it with primer and matte gunmetal metallic under cab and hood, and the frame with a satin black. i wanted something i could touch up myself as i scratch stuff up reassembling it. it had no actual rust through on body anywhere or the chassis, just surface rust. id like someday to have it professionally painted on the outside to match my color, but probably not the matte finish.
MCO_Sleeper
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Post by MCO_Sleeper »

im just hoping the motor runs decent, it did before i took it apart, no smoking etc, but the distributor was all gummed up and it had the old timing chain and gear set that offset the timing for supid emissions, i replaced that with a proper set, petronix distributor, bigger period correct 2bbl carburetor, new water pump, starter, radiator, all of that, but i dont have any electrical system to speak of hooked up right now. i have doors off and in my trailer with my other parts lol but i want to actually finish stripping the cab down to pretty much a shell, then clean it up and paint it them put it back together with new parts. someday, i want to put one of the aftermarket classic heat/air units under the dash, too, maybe even some dakota gauges, but wow some of that stuff is sooo pricey its gonna take a while.
MCO_Sleeper
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Post by MCO_Sleeper »

yeah i have locking toolbox on my clunker i leave in parking lot at work, and bedcovers on my other 2 trucks to keep prying eyes and sticky fingers out, as the tailgates both lock it keeps the cover from being opened without first unlocking the tailgate, or completely demolishing the bedcover.