Exceptional Cars

Talk about anything, as long its not offensive.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Re: Exceptional Cars

Post by Don »

Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

On page 2 i posted the "last" part of the "JP Performance Nissan Tour", but there was another part with them visiting the Nismo Omori Factory. So here it is. Enjoy the footage. :)

For me as a total Skyline/GT-R-"freak" it was/is really great to watch this little series of videos.
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

Complicated but also amazing car. :auto-driving:

Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

This car is exceptional in a completely different way. As the video says it's (most likely) "the weirdest luxury car ever". :doh: :mrgreen:

You definitely see some inspirations from the most famous Aston Martin driver.
hide:show
Edit: This car must have been build by Ubisoft. :whistle: The odometer isn't in the car :naughty: ...it's under the hood. :evil:
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

Well, this thread is about exceptional cars. Not necessarily exceptional good ones :mrgreen:

Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

Yeah i already saw that video and couldn't resist to comment it. ;) (typical americans, no clue about everything east of the atlantic ocean.)

Edit:

Here was my comment (i copied it, because you would have a hard time finding it in over 14k comments and probably 200-300 during the last days):

Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

Is it true you have to stay on the gas in gears one two and three ?
And only be able to get off the gas in forth gear ?
What happens when you go off the gas in a lower gear. ????
So if this is true. How do you manage to drive this thing in heavy city traffic ? :P
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

I didn't drove a Trabbi on my own so far, so i can't confirm or deny it. But maybe this explains it better: point 3.4 (It's in german and i have no effort to translate everything. ;) )

I'm sure you have to do that with a lot of oldtimers.
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

Could not find anything under 3.4 about that. Only you have to double-clutch while down shifting.

Under 3.7 they mention a slip clutch. So if you want to use the engine for breaking you have to pull a lever.

Im starting to think your right. This guy has no idea what he is talking about. :shock:

But over all. This car is not so easy to drive it seams. :|
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

Yes the car is not that easy to drive, but maybe it depends only on practising.

btw I found some pictures on my old harddisk of the Trabbi of my schoolmate i mentioned in my youtube-post. The pictures are already 18 years old. I don't know if he modded more during the last years. We didn't saw each other for around 15 years now, because he works and lives near Stuttgart.

The purple Pick-up is from the "Wolf" who is the founder and chief of the "Trabiator Team Halle". This is a guy who mods cars for disabled people. He really knows how to work on cars. His Trabbi is (or maybe was) a real "Sleeper" :mrgreen: going over 200 km/h.

My schoolmate also had a Polomotor in his Trabbi. Funfact: He once was speedtrapped with 170 km/h with it and objected the speedingticket by saying "How should that be possible? The cars runs only 120 kmh maximum". So the DEKRA forced him to let them check the car. Together with the "Wolf" he then swapped the engine back to an old original one. (They needed only 45 minutes to swap the engine btw, respect.) The DEKRA tested the car, found out it can only run 95 km/h maximum and the ticket was scratched. :dance: But the last sentence they said was "Let's hope we don't meet again!" :D