Options I like to see in Racing Games

I´m not in the mood for Cars today, Lets play something else....
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Options I like to see in Racing Games

Post by Weena »

Open world racing games often offer a variety of features and options that can sometimes be overwhelming. However, to truly experience a sense of freedom and enjoy the scenery in peace, it would be nice if one could turn off all unnecessary features. A new feature that could be introduced in open world racing games is the ability to turn off all distracting elements and simply drive freely.

This feature would allow the player to turn off all unnecessary overlays, menus, and events to enhance their gaming experience. In addition, certain options could be left on for the player to complete during their free drive without interrupting it. For example, one could perform a getaway test or a slalom test while driving freely.

This feature would not only increase the sense of freedom but also enhance the gaming experience. The player can enjoy the scenery in peace without being distracted by overlays and menus. It would be a step towards an even more immersive and realistic gaming experience.

In conclusion, a feature that allows players to turn off unnecessary features in open world racing games could be a welcome addition. This feature would enhance the gaming experience and increase the sense of freedom. It remains to be seen if this feature will be introduced in future open world racing games.

What options would you like to see in Racing Games ?
Alucard
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Re: Options I like to see in Racing Games

Post by Alucard »

I realy like to see an option to turn off that damn traffic in a game. Yes, I would like that. I just want to drive in peace for heaven's sake. Even better would be a slider that allows me to easily adjust the traffic density according to my wishes.

This option should then also be able to be applied to a session or crew. The crew leader can then set it for everyone.

Why hasn't such a thing existed already? :?

TheOldMan54
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Post by TheOldMan54 »

Traffic. Think the better you are doing in the TC2 New York race the more traffic appears :angry-banghead:
Lunytrickz
High Octane Hero
High Octane Hero

Post by Lunytrickz »

TheOldMan54 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:13 am Traffic. Think the better you are doing in the TC2 New York race the more traffic appears :angry-banghead:
there's even more to that,
not only the higher the lvl U are
but MadMan and I now just do the Daily challenges
combined with 2 Harley and 1 NY
we found out that Every restart of NY will double and tripple the traffic
even if it was because the other wasn't ready for the race invite
or didn't get the time to choose his/her wanted HC

so my tip:
make sure U're in the HC car U wanna use before U start
and never do more than 1 race per log-in
restart the game before U race NY again

french logic comes in many forms,
just not a sencible one :mrgreen:
TheOldMan54
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Post by TheOldMan54 »

Thanks for the tips :)
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

Forza is a great game with a quite realistic handling model, or so I have been told. However, the game is not an option for me because the map is so crazily small that I would have to drive from one end to the other at least 50 times on a cruising evening. I cannot understand why they don't just make the map larger. They don't have to purchase land to build it into the game. They just need to generate more land.

One of the reasons for this silly small map could be that players would complain that the map is too big and they would have to drive too far. It's incredible, a car racing game in which you have to drive.

A solution could be to create a densely packed map like in Forza, filled with events to keep the kids happy. And around it, there would be an extended map, a sort of outer limits, just countryside, mountain roads, highways, country roads, and maybe a few cities. Simply a very large area where you can drive around.

At the border of this no man's land, large signs could be placed like, "Beware, you are now leaving the inner gaming area," or "Outer Limits, no events beyond this point."

This way, the kids who need an event every 2 meters to avoid boredom would be happy, and we reasonable adults would have our space to drive, and we wouldn't be annoyed by the events lurking behind every corner in Forza.

So, think about it, dear game developers. That would be a win-win for us all. :pray:

Checker
Board Tester
Board Tester

Post by Checker »

I like to see PC games with menus specifically made for PC.

I prefer PC games with menus specifically designed for the PC platform. Complex menus in PC games, which are often ported from consoles, can be difficult to navigate for PC players as consoles are typically controlled with a gamepad instead of a mouse and keyboard. On the other hand, PC-exclusive games usually have simpler and more intuitive menus, allowing players to easily customize their gameplay experience.