NEW TUNING & Upgrade System Explained

Here we collect all important informations and helps for the motornation.
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

NEW TUNING & Upgrade System Explained

Post by LCDDOG »

Interesting stuff ;)
hide:show

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Explanation Pro Tuning Settings
hide:show

Source by u/Xionergy on reddit.com
Ground
Global

• Traction Control - Limits wheel spin under throttle. Less - allows the tires to lose grip more frequently.
  • ABS - Allows the tire to rotate under hard breaking. Full + will simulate you pressing/depressing the brake pedal. Makes it so you can somewhat steer while fully on the brakes.
  • ESP - Reduces the cars power in order to gain traction. Think of it like traction control but at the ECU level. More + will limit power on the car in order to maintain traction. End feel is car is slower in corners but less likely to slide.
  • Slide Help - Counter-steering in drifting. More + helps with maintaining a slide and transitioning into a new one. With less you can transition drifts much faster but greater chance is a *180.

Specific

• Aero Distribution - Side of the car airflow is pushing down. Different uses here. Less in the front will cause understeer.
  • Diff Distrib - AWD Cars Which side of the car will have the most power. More + to the rear allows for oversteering.
  • Gearbox - Gear Ratio. More + will give you more top speed but reduced acceleration. Less - Will have you slapping through gears quicker but reduces top speed.
  • Tire Grip Front/Rear - Sticky Tires. Play around with these sliders. Reduced front produces understeer. Reduced rear produces oversteer.
  • Brake Power - Pressure of the pads on the rotor. More + will slow the car down faster but also has a higher chance of locking up the brakes.
  • Brake Balance - Ratio of front to rear pad pressure. More to the front will cause understeer during braking.
  • Susp Comp Front/Rear - Upwards travel of the wheel over a bump. More + is stiffer. Higher it is the more likely you will lose initial traction over a bump. Good for TC where there are few bumps.
  • Susp Reb Front/Rear - Downwards travel the wheel after a bump. Less - will cause the vehicle to be floaty. More + will make the car settle faster.
  • Susp Geom Camber Front/Rear - Vertical alignment of the wheel to the body of the vehile. Less - results in the top of the wheel more towards the body. More + is the opposite, bottom of the wheel towards the car. Generally, a little less will give you more traction in the corners but less on the straights.
  • ARB Front/Rear - Anti-Roll Bar. More + allows less body roll. This stiffens the car. Less - will allow the weight transfer but also reduces the reaction to the turn. These can also be used to induce over/under steer.
Water
Global

Drift Assist - TBD

Specific

• Weight Distribution - Front to Back leaning. Acts very much like holding forward or backwards on the stick. More + is weight on the front. Reduces top speed but gains control.
  • Rudder Angle - Surface area of the rudder in a turn. More + will allow you to turn much faster at the cost of speed.
  • Braking Power - How quickly you can slow down. More + allows you to stop faster.
  • Buoyancy - How floaty floaty you are. More + will give the boat more surface area above the water.
  • Hull Friction - Resistance of the water to the boat. Less - allows for some sweet water drifting.
  • Trim Tabs - Tabs that trim? More + allows quicker transition between left and right turns but at reduced speed.
Air

Global

• Auto Climb Control - Keeps you sober. On maintains altitude if level. Off you will start dropping altitude until you have to con-air in Las Vegas.
  • Knife Flight Assist - Pulls a knife out in a gunfight. While on in the knife fight, it will counter control the rudder to help maintain your level. If left off, you will be defenseless and have to use your teeth.
  • Automatic Landing Gear - Where landing meets gear. Left on, gear will come out on its own near the ground. Pro mode will have it off, allows for more speed closer to the ground if you do not intend to land.
  • Ground Cushion - Mother nature's pillow. Rate at which plane pitches up when near the ground. Less - reduces the distance to the ground. -Contribution by miljon3
  • Ground Effect - Sweet body kits. - The lift produced by real-world phenomena when flying close to the ground. Less - reduces this already slight effect. -Contribution by zhpete

Specific

• Plane Reactivity - Sensitivity of the Control Stick. Less - reduces how quickly the plane adjusts to your control. More + makes it snappy.
  • Stall - Threshold at which you lost control. Reducing gains speeds but at the cost of possibly not being able to control your plan. Suggest reducing until you can still performs tricks or turns. Increase if stalling.
  • Wings Dihedral Angle - *How perpendicular the wings are to the fuselage. * Haven't been able to determine a visual difference in game but stats indicate that more + gives you better roll rates.
  • Yaw Briskness - Rudder effectiveness. Less - reduces how much your plane will "drift".
  • Pitch Briskness - The up/down efficiency of the African Swallow. Less - Reduces the rate at which you fall and rise.
  • Roll Briskness - Do a barrel roll, but slower. - Less - slows down how fast you roll the plane.
  • Stabilizer Incidence - Rear wing/stabilizer perpendicularness to the rest of the plane. More + will cause your plane to constantly reduce altitude.
  • Wings Incidence - Rate at which you hit birds. - More + will cause your plane to constantly increase altitude.
u/Xionergy wrote:"Please let me know if you have any contributions or see any mistakes. Will correct when possible. Thank you and have fun."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit Don 26/6/18: added a second video that explains it a little bit better, i guess.
Edit Don 1/7/18: explanation pro tuning settings added
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Re: NEW TUNING & Upgrade System Explained

Post by Don »

The guy is telling some things right but most things totally wrong in my eyes. Here you see that he is just a causal player without deeper knowledge of The Crew 1. He talks about swapping speedparts to accelerationparts because he drives a more curvy track. That's just casual thinking and doesn't work. Another example would be gripparts. They just don't do what they are supposed to do. Guess why most of the competetive players are using speedparts-only for the common specs and only experiment with different parts on drag, drift and monsterspec. And they were not profen wrong.

For my taste the grinding in TC2 will be even exaggerated compared to TC1, since i didn't saw any possibility to buy performanceparts, only that you can win them. Sure you can share aquired parts between the cars among one spec (e. g. driftcars), but the goal - at least mine - is to have all cars sooner or later, which means all of them should have the best possible tuning and that (to best of my current knowledge) requires way more grinding than in TC1. (Especially when you see the "1532" bonuses and bonusmixes you can get with the performanceparts. It will need a little bit time until we find the best setup of performanceparts.)

So overall it's again just casual thinking what you see here and nothing you can count or build on.
LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

yeah, you're not wrong about him making a lot of mistakes about
the crew 1's tuning.
But in the crew 1 you get 1 part each race, here you can get as much as 3 car
parts and a visual part so it should be less grindy then tc1 right?
I mean you get more parts per race and need less leveling up to reach
it's max level, so unless the parts you win are all just 1 level better it
should go a lot faster. (heck even if it's just 1 level it should go faster lol)
Not sure if won parts will be mountable on all your cars but that's a minor
problem i guess.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

Trust me it takes longer in TC2 than in TC1. I can't go into detail since this thread is public.
Luna
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Luna »

Don wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:20 pm ...For my taste the grinding in TC2 will be even exaggerated compared to TC1...
...Especially when you see the "1532" bonuses and bonusmixes you can get with the performanceparts...
Challenge accepted :D :D :D
See you on the road ... and the sea ... and in the air ;) :lol:
The Crew 2 - 06/29/2018

Lunytrickz
High Octane Hero
High Octane Hero

Post by Lunytrickz »

LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

LOL, theo is an even more casual nobhead and isnt telling anything
more worth hearing in his vids then the guy i posted did.
Lunytrickz
High Octane Hero
High Octane Hero

Post by Lunytrickz »

VVVery true :mrgreen:
but U're knobhead is so boring i quit the vid before finding that "pro" tuning :doh:
MadManCK already found it in the tests
i found it in this video of a knobhead who can't drive for ****
because it took him only 5 min to get to the point :mrgreen:
upside to this is now i got a reason the play the to the first lvl limited BETA ^^

btw: "FFF'n jealous" >>>

LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

yeah we all found it in the previous beta test's, kinda hard to miss :D
i get it, the guys voice is crinche worthy and all that but... he does
a better job in his vids then "pants" does.
if anything i find his vids harder to watch thru because he is a ricer and
truly can't drive unless you consider crashing driving :happy-bouncygreen:

maybe i should have posted some clips from straightuphippo or simular instead :)

i hate that this guy gets the chance to do this tho :angry-banghead:
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

added a video to the first post that starts to explain the new tuningsystem, esp. the perks.

I propose we update the startpost once we find more relevant informations (e. g. an overview of all performance-perks and what they effect).