required systemspecs

Here we collect all important informations and helps for the motornation.
Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Re: required systemspecs

Post by Ralph68 »

I'm working on a new gpu for next weekend Black Friday Nov. 23rd. :pray: Hoping to find a good deal on a 1070Ti minimum but I'm really hoping to find a good deal on a 1080Ti. My budget is limited so the RTX is out of the question. :naughty:

Running on low settings is taking its toll on my eyeballs. 8-)
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

So, what is your budged then ?

If I would buy a graphic card now. I would think about an 2070.
They say.... you can get one for 519 bugs (euros), if your really lucky of course :mrgreen:
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Have a look at this. Seems my 1080 is old and out of production.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-nvid ... ccounter=1
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Ralph68 »

My budget is about 400usd/350euro maybe a little more. I will definitely have my eyes open for a RTX 2070. :shock:

My current gpu GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5
A gtx 1070ti or higher is a huge improvement.

Sux to be in the market for a new gpu at this point in time they're getting better so quickly. Even if I had 1k to spend i wouldn't. Over 1k for a rtx2080 is crazy!! lol

I'll stay a year or two behind all this new tech and save a few bucks in the process. But whatever gpu I get will be a nice improvement.

I'll also reinstall WinX for my gaming os for DirectX12. :D
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Seems to be a lot of 1070Ti cards on newegg.com in that price range, also a few 1080 cards.
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Ralph68 »

I have my eye on a gigabyte or msi 20 series. :pray:
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Ralph68 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:18 pm I have my eye on a gigabyte or msi 20 series. :pray:
Go for it :banana-dance:

I must admit that i'm not totally blown away with my new system, the 1080 is good but I should have found the extra for the Ti version.

My old system was i3770, 12GB ram and gtx970 4GB. New being i8700k, 16GB 3200 and the 1080. Sounds good, but it still only just manages to run games like Forza Horizon 4 at 2560x1440, with everything maxed out it only just does 70-80 fps. Same with Euro Truck Driver2. If you cut back on the settings then it flies back up to the 144fps sync screen timing. TC2 maxed out gets 80-90 with that screen res. When they built my new system, they asked about overclocking the i8700k, they gave me 3 options, (just had a look at the quote) Stage 1 - will run at 4400 - 4700 MHz, Stage 2 - will run at 4500 - 4800 MHz, Stage 3 - will run at 4800 - 5000 MHz. I chose the Stage 2.

Looking at HWMonitor after playing the games, seeing the min and max for the i8700k it only occasionally gets to 100%, but the 1080 is always at 100% regardless of the game settings, yet memory for the card if reported correctly by HWMonitor is only using about 6GB max.

I can only conclude that the graphics card is the slowest part of my system.

Edit - must admit I have never seen any stutters with any game so far even when recording via nVideo Experience at 60fps.
Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Ralph68 »

I didn't find any good deals this Black Friday none of the gpu's I had my eye on came down in price, not even a nickel. They were the same price all week IMO they're all way over priced!! I thought for sure on BF they would drop a little bit but they didn't so I'll wait till after this GPU bubble breaks. I read something somewhere about AMD or some gpu company didn't come out with their new gpu and this is why nvidia prices are through the roof??? May be some truth there..

I even looked into getting the TH8A shifter from TM but the price on that didn't come down at all not a penny. Newegg was not good to me this black friday. :naughty:
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

You still have Cyber Monday. Good luck. ;)
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

lol - ban cryptocurrency mining.