required systemspecs

Here we collect all important informations and helps for the motornation.
Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Re: required systemspecs

Post by Ralph68 »

JustBe wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:55 pm lol - ban cryptocurrency mining.
I didn't know why gpu prices were so high till I researched it. I read a few different articles and got them mixed up in my head, my bad.

:D Just a thought here but if you knew this why didn't you mention it? :doh: :mrgreen:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ether ... 34928.html

https://digiworthy.com/2018/03/19/gpu-p ... down-2018/
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Ralph68 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:37 pm
:D Just a thought here but if you knew this why didn't you mention it? :doh: :mrgreen:
Sorry Ralph, but its been like this for over at least the last 18-24 months, just thought that everybody knew about it. Because the cards are so expensive is what stopped me buying the Ti version with this new system. It was like £160 / 180USD more.

From what Iv'e seen both nVidia and AMD released special PC gamers kits with lots of things hopping that it would stop the miners buying them, but they did and just kept the graphics cards and then sold of the other bits. nVidia said they would also release a special version card for just the mining users, but that has never happened as far as I know.

Wow - just looked at the company who built my system, don't even show the 1080, but list the 1070Ti for £437 and the new 2080 is £821 and the 2080Ti a mouth watering £1224 :angry-banghead:

The UK always gets ripped off - eg - new Ford Mustang 2.3 US $26,865 same spec car UK £37,645 - thats like $20,000 more - mind blowing.
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Weena - Ralph is in the USA
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

This was meant for you, talking about prices for your system :whistle:
Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Ralph68 »

Nope, I've never heard about crypto-miners or whatever. :? I've only been in the market for a new gpu a couple weeks now and I don't follow new pc tech like I use to it progresses so fast it gives me a headache. :P

From what I've read it looks like it'll be a while before gpu prices come down. Now I'm researching something about a RAM shortage could keep gpu prices up. :angry-banghead: I'm going to hold off hopefully get one before mid-2019 by then I should have enough to get whatever I want. :whistle:
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

The stupid thing is that the miners only use the processing power of the cards and don't even use them for display at all. Most large miners have over 20,000 cards in their systems. The more cards the more they earn.

lol - 45,000 in this one:

https://www.economist.com/business/2015 ... -of-mining
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

Do you mind i'm moving the hole discussion that started two pages ago to the hardware-section? I drifted a little bit away from "required systemspecs". ;) Since that will take a little bit time, you can continue discussing here until i moved it.

Call me Sheldon Cooper :geek: or Monk :D , but i like to keep it as ontopic as possible in the threads/section.
Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Ralph68 »

NP Don ;) I was the same way when I ran my site, you like things neat and in-order. I didn't mean to go off just happened. :mrgreen:

Yea Be the hole thing sound stupid to me from what I've read. smh Hopefully this nonsense ends soon I really need a new gpu and I refuse to pay through the nose for it.