TDU revived with the paradise mod

LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

TDU revived with the paradise mod

Post by LCDDOG »

This clip is a year old but still shows how damn good this game is even
at current day.
This mod (paradise mod) works very good and makes it still a good cruisers game.
:happy-bouncygreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w3cnM-am5U
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Re: TDU revived with the paradise mod

Post by Don »

We used this mod in late 2014 after TDU2-servers more and more went unstable and TC wasn't released yet. (Back then it was the first time i played TDU1.)

But i don't think i would come back to this game. After i got my wheel i tested it again and found out i would have to do test a lot to find fitting wheelsettings. The driving wasn't that much of fun although it was damn sure better than TDU2.

And the graphics are (of course only in comparison to current graphics) too outdated to be enjoyable for the eyes.

Nontheless this projects shows pretty good how popular this game still is even after nearly 12 years. And this game pretty much has everything we like to have in a racinggame: vacationfeeling, tons of cars, nice houses and no "fancy" annoying, distracting stuff along the way.

This game with 2018 graphics, a bigger mapupdate or -addon and maybe an overhauled drivingphysics would be the end all and be all of a cruisinggame.
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

We could still play this. The graphics are not so much the problem.
Its the bumpy roads.

Here for comparison, an original video. Back in the days :auto-driving:

https://youtu.be/Asag_fVxxAc
Luna
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Luna »

After release of Project Paradise it was the first time ever I played this game online. But I made it up to several 100 hours back in the time it was released and some more 100 hours after release of the car pack. Unfortunately my savagame was lost, so I had to start all over with Project Paradise, and I never was so motivated again to regain all the progression I had back in the active days of the game, even when this game really is the mother of all good open world driving games :)
See you on the road ... and the sea ... and in the air ;) :lol:
The Crew 2 - 06/29/2018

LCDDOG
Watchdog
Watchdog

Post by LCDDOG »

yeah i lost my original 100% savegame aswell after the game died.
was pretty easy to get back up to a level were i could play in hardcore mode tho.
and i used a trainer to make myself rich again so i could buy any car i wanted.
sucks to have lost my original save tho, that really hurt bigtime...