GPU Discussion

Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

GPU Discussion

Post by Ralph68 »

Wondering what you all think about this CERBERUS-GTX1070TI-A8G-GAMING. At the time of post $359us
Last edited by Ralph68 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Re: GPU Discussion

Post by Don »

520 to 550 Euro here on amazon. So i guess it's a good price. ;) You're price would be 316 Euro at the moment. My KFA2 1080 costs the same here in germany.

btw :doh: i try not to forget to shovel the posts from the other thread in here at the weekend. :angelic-green:
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

It looks a fast card.

Specs for that 1070ti card show:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 Series
GPU
GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Core Clock
OC mode: 1670 MHz
Gaming mode: 1607 MHz
Boost Clock
OC mode: 1746 MHz
Gaming mode: 1683 MHz

Specs for my 1080 card show:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 Series
GPU
GeForce GTX 1080
Core Clock
Core Clock 1620 MHz
Boost Clock 1759 MHz

So not much difference.
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Ralph68 »

No, not much difference imo not for the money.

Newegg has a nice feature (compare) let's you take any gpu look at it side by side comparison. They're also doing flash-deals that only last a few hours. that Cerberus is over, back to retail. lol
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

I started of with a Founders Edition 1080 card, I sort of burnt it out by plugging in a Elgato HD card in the wrong hdmi output - oops. Told the company that made my system that it just stopped working, lol - so lucky, they sent me out a new 1080 card which I got the next day. lol its even got led lights on it.

In the compare with that card you looked at this is the card they sent:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Productc ... E8D8GT0829 Right Click - Open in a new tab
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Ralph68 »

Wow :D I'd be extra careful not to do that again. :naughty: lol Glad they stood behind you and replaced it. :clap:

Basically the 1070 Ti with a little tweak is a 1080 for a fraction of the cost. That Cerberus is really starting to look good. :mrgreen:

My bad.. its still at 359 :dance:

EDIT:

The thing I don't like is this sale doesn't say when it ends it's one of those flash specials. I also checked it on pcpartpicker today is the lowest it's ever been, if I'm reading their chart correctly. I better grab one that's a nice price imo.

Hopefully it'll be here for the weekend. :pray: Newegg shipping is usually 2-3 days to my house but it's a busy time of year - we shall see. :banana-dance:
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Ralph as you have seen with these stupid miners buying all the cards, its so hard to say when they will go up or come down in price. The price of the FE card that I had in my system originally is shown on newegg at over $1200 now. I paid nothing like that, thick it was about £385 / $420 when I chose it.

Think you just need to ask yourself should I go for it now or wait to see what happens in the New Year sales. If you buy it now then do not look at the prices for 12 months then you will not know if it was cheaper some time. I can't see it coming down any more than what they are selling it for.
Ralph68
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Ralph68 »

I agree, who knows how long the mining will continue. Gpu prices are up and down it's so crazy right now I've never seen it like this before. Well, back years ago we had something similar with RAM but it leveled out in time. I am in so bad need of a new gpu I went ahead and ordered the Cerberus last night. It was in the price range for what I wanted to spend, I think it was a good deal. :D
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

lol - its gone back up to $525
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Hi Ralph, did you purchase that card and fit it.