Map Expansions and Updates

Luna
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Map Expansions and Updates

Post by Luna »

Some days ago (somewhen in March) SCS announced the next map expansions for American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Later this year the ATS will expand north to the state of Oregon. I'm looking forward to the large woods there, they are a welcome change to the desert areas of Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada and California ;) And a delivery from north-west Oregon to south-east New Mexico could be the first time I have to refuel the tank of my T680 during the trip and before reaching the destination :lol:
The map size of Oregon was described as about the size of UK in the ETS2.

The ETS2 instead will expand more to the east and north-east, when SCS adds east of Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and west of Russia to the existing map. This could be the biggest expansion in the history of ETS2.

Until now unfortunately there are no release dates for the expansions. But I hope they will not wait too long ;)
Last edited by Luna on Tue May 07, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
See you on the road ... and the sea ... and in the air ;) :lol:
The Crew 2 - 06/29/2018

Luna
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Re: Next map expansions announced

Post by Luna »

The two expansions - Oregon for ATS and Beyond the Baltic Sea for ETS2 - are now listed in Steam. Until now without defined release date and without a price, but at least they are there and you can add them to the wish list :)
Now let's wait for the prices and release dates...
The Crew 2 - 06/29/2018

Luna
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Luna »

Today SCS revealed the release date of the Oregon map expansion. It will be available in 1 week from now, coming to the game on October 4th, 2018 :)

Unfortunately there is no release date for the ETS2 map expansion until now. Rumor has it that it will be somewhen in November, but let's see...
The Crew 2 - 06/29/2018

MCO_Sleeper
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Post by MCO_Sleeper »

been playing sto again sorta hard, i totally missed this, thank you. ats is something i will always support. wish could combine it with the crew, do some smokey and the bandit runs LOL
There are two kinds of pedestrians, the quick...and the dead.
Luna
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Luna »

For those who like the european trucks more than the american ones, the ETS2 "Beyond the Baltic Sea" map expansion is available on Nov, 29th - in 2 days :) It will be the biggest map expansion in the history of ETS2 with 5 new countries, 35 new cities and brand new industrial branches. Only thing still missing is the price. I've already seen the expansion for €12.99 on Kinguin, but I hope for something a bit lower, maybe less than €10 ;)
The content already is in the game since the yesterday's v1.33 update. All you need to do is to purchase the DLC to unlock the new content ingame :D
The Crew 2 - 06/29/2018

JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Steam £13.49 here in the UK, that's just £1.48 below what ETS2 cost. Clever to release after Black Friday and Cyber Monday, so no discounts :angry-banghead:

£13.01 from Kinguin
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Luna
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Luna »

Next map expansion for the American Truck Simulator is finally announced - they will expand more north to the state of Washington and complete the west coast with this addition. Until now there is no info about cities, industries or any other content. Only thing we know is it will come later this year - I guess somewhere around October/November, like the last expansions New Mexico and Oregon.
The Crew 2 - 06/29/2018

JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

The two things really annoy me about ETS is that the towns are so small, you cannot turn off main roads and explore at all.

Second is its so easy to make money that its ruined the game for me, when you have garages far apart on the map and decide to do some driving from one of those garages it just adds money for just moving to another garage. I only found this out when they did an update and it moved me back to my original home garage saying that i had not lost money on that job, I moved to that far away garage to start the drive again and noticed that my money had gone up like £20K without driving, just moving garages, so stupid :angry-banghead:
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Luna
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Luna »

Have you some other drivers hired to do jobs for you? Then the money increase could come from jobs they finished during the "journey" to your other garage. This doesn't happen in no-time, it takes several hours to transport you there. During that time other drivers continue working and can finish their jobs.
The Crew 2 - 06/29/2018

JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

lol - I had 10 drivers and again its so easy the money just rolled in, so I sacked all but 1 of them :lol: