Ubisoft discount code

JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Ubisoft discount code

Post by JustBe »

I redeemed 100 ubi units for a discount code which they send me;
Here is the 20% promotional discount code you have requested! This code is available on the entire Ubisoft Store catalogue.
I try to use for The Crew 2 but it says code not available at this time. Has anybody else purchased The Crew 2 and used a promo code.
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Re: Ubisoft discount code

Post by Weena »

Not me, dont have that much points :lol:
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

@Be: Yes i have. I purchased a discount-code with my second profile and used it on uplay-online to preorder the "Motor Edition" for my mainprofil for 80 instead 100 bucks.

So try on uplay-online if it doesn't work directly on uplay.
JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Thanks Don :text-thankyoublue:

I will try your suggestion and post back with the result.
My boss said you should have been here at 9, I said why, what happened. He was not amused.
Luna
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Luna »

I did both and it worked both times.
First I ordered the Gold Edition from Uplay and used a 100 points discount code. Then I cancelled and ordered the Motors Edition from Ubisoft online store and it worked again with a 100 points discount code.
Fun fact: When I cancelled I got a refund of my 100 Uplay points I used for the discount code. But they didn't want back the 70 points I got with the purchase of the Gold Edition :D
See you on the road ... and the sea ... and in the air ;) :lol:
The Crew 2 - 06/29/2018

JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

Could not get ubi code to work so contacted ubi via their support system.
BenjaminD @Ubisoft Support wrote: 24/05/2018 @ 11:33
Hello X Xxxxxxxxxxxx,
Thank you for reaching Ubisoft Customer Support.
My name is Ben, and I will be assisting you with your case.
I am sorry to know that you have been unable to use a Uplay discount code for your pre-purchase of The Crew 2 Gold Edition.
Please note that these codes cannot be applied to pre-orders/pre-purchases, in-game currency, or newly released titles.
For more information on this matter, please refer to the FAQ below:
https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/0000 ... back=en_GB
I understand that this was not the outcome you had hoped for, however, should you have further questions regarding this or any other issue please feel free to contact us. We are always glad to help.
Best regards,
Ben
Ubisoft Customer Support
Looks like you were very fortunate to get the code accepted.
Luna
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Luna »

I just browsed through the terms and condizions of the uplay units bonus programm. There is not one single word written that you can't use the discount codes on pre-orders. In fact the terms don't even mention discount codes.
So I browsed through the FAQ in the Ubisoft store. The only restriction about the 20% discount codes I found is that you can't purchase ingame cash with these codes and it may be that some products exclude the use of discount codes when they already are in some kind of special offer. Not one single word about pre-orders. I recommend to refer to these terms and try again to get the discount code work on your order :)
The Crew 2 - 06/29/2018

JustBe
Circuit Champion
Circuit Champion

Post by JustBe »

These terms only seem to apply if you live in the UK like me, other countries are free from these terms.

If you RIGHT click on the link below, and 'open link in a new tab' you may see the UK terms.

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/0000 ... back=en_GB

It seems that ubi see my ISP and know i'm from the UK so those terms auto apply to anyone in the UK. Cannot open their store for say the USA or any other country to try and by pass the terms.
Luna
Pit Lane Apprentice
Pit Lane Apprentice

Post by Luna »

Wow, didn't expect this. Strange they have so different practices for different countries :x
The Crew 2 - 06/29/2018

Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

What if someone from here purchases it with your account? :mrgreen: Aci had a similar problem, when he wanted to buy something from the uplay-store in serbia. We proposed it to him too.