Issues with Wheel

Attention! – We are not the official support. Here you might only find solutions for known issues.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Issues with Wheel

Post by Don »

Just started the game and it does this loud noises when i stear. Activating controller vanished every force in the wheel. After restart i recorded the video. Tabing out of the game and back i have a "normal" force again (at least what you can consider as normal at the moment).

ingame settings

Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Re: Issues with Wheel

Post by Don »

Turned FFB ingame down to 80% to lower the noise. But it's still suspicious that i hadn't this noise yesterday while testing and suddenly today i have it.
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

What controller do you have? And is your controller activating the spacial settings that are locked without on?
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

regular XBox360-controller. Every supported controller is activating the "control"-settings. But that wasn't the major point here.

I was more concerned about what you hear in the video you see above. On monday night i changed the settings, than started the game (without controller on) and didn't had that "force-noises" (idk how to call it). But yesterday i thought i break my wheel when i stear. LOL

I only activated the controller later to see what happens. Then i noticed that i had no force at all anymore.
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

After i came home last night i wanted to absolve all streetraces on "normal" to unlock "hard" on every race. But again i noticed the feeling in the wheel was again different than the day before and three days ago. I have no explanation to it.

Three days ago, when i cruised a little bit with Aci, i played again with the settings and it felt a little bit better compared to before and the stearing was a little bit more direct. On thursday i noticed the stearing was a little bit more indirect again compared to wednesday. But last night it was like something had reseted my settings. For example on the Harlem West race i couldn't get around tight corners.

I then thought maybe it's the Porsche and bought the R8, although i planned not to buy a new car in the next time. But driving with the R8 felt exactly the same as with the Porsche. Same "schlafen sie" on the BMW M2. I was so annoyed again that i frustrated closed the game.

Here you see how bad my driving looks with this issues:

Here is another example how i'm struggling with the stearing.

Compare Luny's driving with pad on this race. She can drive absolutely clean here.

I will test again later today if i find again a better feeling, although it doubt it. I'm really on the edge to leave the game until they fix the wheelsupport. I don't know what to do anymore. This is no fun anymore.
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

In The Crew I had my center spring OFF. I know you dont.

The Crew 2 felt weird from the beginning for me. Till I changed to "Center Spring By the Game".

It feels much much better now.

On my Wheel I have Constant force high. Its what you feel in the corners. Is the car spinning out? The Grip level you could say.

Periodic is the bumps and stuff like that in the road.

Spring and damper just make the wheel heavy. So I like to feel what the car is doing and I turned them off.

Yeah, and center by the game. Feels very good. You can feel the car in the corners shifting around. Verry nicely.

Hope that helps. :doh:
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

On wednesday i changed my settings to this

Parallel i changed the angle in the game also to 360°, but i had to lower the ingame-ffb to around 80%. The reason you see in the video in the first post.

Before that i used this...

...and at the release i had still my TC1-settings.

On wednesday, after i changed the settings, it felt at least driveable when i cruised with Aci. But on thursday and yesterday it didn't. It felt like something was reseted. That's the thing i don't understand and what makes me frustrated. Every day i'm starting the game and the driving with wheel feels different to the day before.
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

Set the Wheel in the game always to 100.
If you like it softer then lover it in your Windows settings.
(This can cause some weird effects)

Also you could try to lower your "Dämpfungseffect"
I think that just makes the wheel heavy. There is no real FFB effects in it.

Why you have two different types of Setup windows ?
Is the first one from win 10 or something ? :roll:
Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

Post by Don »

I can try that again, but with lower forces in the profiler i had nearly no ffb in the game. We will see.

The screenshot from the old TC1-settings is an old one when i used my Win7-pc. The first two are fresh from this week.
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Post by Weena »

My suggestion. FFB in game 100%

In your profiler:

Intensität aller effeckte: As much as you need. (changes every effect)

Federeffeckt: 100% (I think thats what is on my wheel Constant effect. So that is what gives you the feeling of the car)

Dämpfungsegffeckt: 10 to 30 % ( just makes wheel heavy, more hard to turn)

Centerspring I cant help. My setting is very different there.
Also allow changes by the game.