Show off your real live car and carmods

Talk about anything, as long its not offensive.
Weena
Waitress
Waitress

Re: Show off your real live car and carmods

Post by Weena »

Wow, you've really taken on a lot there. It's going to take years before you can drive it. I would start by putting it back together. Reattach the doors and all the other parts. Get the engine running and then drive it for a while, so you can enjoy it and stay motivated. Then you can still work on the cab. Well, that's what I would do. :)
MCO_Sleeper
Racing Rookie
Racing Rookie

Re: Show off your real live car and carmods

Post by MCO_Sleeper »

well its like a house of cards that needed a lot more than i expected (although i shoulda known better) and i wanted to fix as much as i could as i went along. most of what i took apart really had to be for various fixes and seals and leaks and so on, and once you are that far, its not much farther to just pull rest of it apart. these old trucks arent really technically complicated, just time consuming

as a hobbyist working in my garage, with limited spare time, without a heated/cooled work area, and doing things sometimes in part day increments, i have had to remind myself that i cant do all the things the way a professional in a professional shop who can devote whole days and weeks to can, and tell myself at times, "its good enough, leave it be and move on to the next thing. keep your eye on the prize"
There are two kinds of pedestrians, the quick...and the dead.