importing liverys, stickergroups and tunings to the steamversion

Don
Grill Cheff
Grill Cheff

importing liverys, stickergroups and tunings to the steamversion

Post by Don »

As steamplayers know you can not import liverys from previous forzatitles if you have the game on steam. Maybe you can do it from FH4, if you have that game also on steam. (I don't know, because i had that on the ms-store. But there is at least a tab in the game for FH4. The others are missing, because FH4 was the first forzagame available on steam.)

But i read there is a workaround.

Since the gamepass is currently for 1 euro (first testmonth) i finally tried that workaround today and it works like charme. (You can cancel the gamepass-subscription immediately after you finished everything.)

For those who want to waste their time and try it out too, heres what you have to do. (maybe i will do a small video about it when i'm on vacation and not to lazy :mrgreen: )

1.) get the gamepass on the ms store and install FH5 standard edition from there as it's for free with gamepass. important is that you use the same ingame name as on steam (in my case it is "Don B CN")
--> you will have to run through the hole startingsequence again until you can go to the festival for the first time, which takes about 30-35 minutes :doh:

2.) import the liverys from the forzagame(s) you want, which will take a bit of time. I think it was around 20 minutes in my case as i had a ton of liverys and stickergroups shared in FH3 and FH4

3.) now you need to share those you like to see also on steam one by one (they will automatically be also shared on steam for your account)

4.) go to the FH5 steam version and search on "find new liverys" for your own name. There you should see them all and you can download those which you like to have also in your personal stock "my designs". (the same goes for the stickergroups. Go with a car to "apply vinyls and decals" --> "apply a vinylshape" --> search for your own name --> download them (you don't need to save them on the car) --> and you see them afterwards under "my vinylgroups"

5.) now you can decide which of the designs or stickergroups can stay shared or not.

(same steps go all for the tunings too of course, but i didn't share any tunings in the previous titles)

I will keep an eye on it, because i am not absolutely sure at the moment that the downloads will also count for your steamaccount. In generell it should because they are shared with your name.